Therapeutic Yoga Training Level I
September 21-26, 2020
Taught by Cheri Clampett, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500 and Arturo Peal, MA, (TCM), LMP
The Therapeutic Yoga training program gives Yoga teachers the skills to work intelligently with students who are living with chronic illness or injury, as well as pregnant and aging populations. Knowing how to work with these groups will deepen your confidence as a teacher, expand the range of private clients you can work with, and increase the number of classes you can offer. The training also offers a great education in the gentler styles of Yoga that can be incorporated into more active classes.
Therapeutic Yoga is a comprehensive system of Restorative Yoga, Gentle Yoga, breath awareness, and guided meditation specifically designed to enhance the body’s own capacity to heal. Using readily available props such as pillows and blankets to support the body gently, Therapeutic Yoga offer benefits that are accessible even to those recovering from injury or illness. Breath work, guided meditation, and hands-on healing modalities are also part of the system, working to balance the body and ease the mind.
In addition to Yoga teachers, our graduates include nurses, physical therapists, acupuncturists, and other health-care professionals. They are able to integrate the techniques taught in the training into patient care. Many of our graduates have successfully taken Therapeutic Yoga into hospitals, hospices, home-care situations, and many other areas of healthcare.
This 40-hour foundational course covers the basics of Therapeutic Yoga. In addition to the theory and practice of Restorative Yoga postures and Gentle Yoga, participants will learn:
- The physiology of stress and relaxation
- Anatomy from the Yogic perspective
- The benefits and contraindications of each posture
- The effect of posture on acupuncture meridians
- The implications of scar tissue and adhesions
- Sequencing guidelines for poses
- Integrating postures with breath work and guided meditation
- Incorporating hands-on healing techniques
- Supporting healing in students or clients
- How to give one-on-one Therapeutic Yoga sessions
Upon finishing the required hours, students will be certified in Therapeutic Yoga.
September 21-26, 2020 (six consecutive days)
Monday through Saturday • 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- $950 when you register by August 21, 2020; $995 thereafter.
- $150 nonrefundable deposit required upon registration.
- Receive $100 discount on Deepening into Therapeutic Yoga Level 2 2020 if you register for both trainings.
- Partial scholarships may be available.
- All students who complete the course will receive certification in Therapeutic Yoga. If you would like a certificate for CEUs as an R.N., you must pay a $20 fee for each additional certificate. There is a $25 administration fee for re-issuing certificates at a later date.
- Download Application
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2020
- We encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Certification and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Alliance Hours: 40 hours for the 200- and 500-hour registries.
- CBRN: Provider Number 14063, for 40 contact hours for registered nurses.
- For more details, see www.therapeuticyogatraining.com/continuing-education
www.therapeuticyoga.com / www.therapeuticyogatraining.com