Integral Yoga Teacher Training
200-Hour Fall Session Online
September 14 – December 19, 2020
Taught by Kali Morse and Rashmi Galliano
Special guest workshops taught by Swami Asokananda, Rev. Sam Rudra Swartz,
and Integral Yoga faculty
GET CERTIFIED FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME – LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
In recognition of the times we’re in, now anyone anywhere can take this world-renowned Yoga Alliance accredited 200-hour Teacher Training from one of the longest-serving yoga schools in the USA – at a 20% discount from our regular price.
Upon completion, you will be prepared to teach Yoga both in person and online.
This respected program has been developed and refined over 40-plus years. Its purpose goes beyond making a person a Yoga teacher; it provides an excellent foundation for an extensive knowledge of Yoga. Complete instruction in how to teach Integral Yoga® Level I is its basis. This includes:
- Hatha Yoga postures
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Meditation and deep relaxation
Considerable attention is given to many other aspects of Yoga so that all graduates have both a practical and a philosophical understanding of the full scope of its teachings and practices. Among the subjects are:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yogic diet and nutrition
- Raja Yoga (psychology of mind)
- Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Bhakti Yoga (devotion)
- Jnana Yoga (self-analysis)
- Sanskrit language
Participants also learn how to organize and initiate classes for professional groups and organizations. Finally, teacher trainees will refine and deepen their personal practices of asanas, pranayama, and meditation.
The Integral Yoga® system of Hatha Yoga is utilized, along with other lifestyle changes, by Dr. Dean Ornish in his book Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease.
Certification and Yoga Alliance Affiliation
Graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Level I classes either at the Institute or elsewhere. Certification is not automatic, however: all trainees must qualify through a series of thorough tests. Graduates receive well beyond the basic 200 hours needed for being a registered Yoga teacher of the Yoga Alliance.
Please become familiar with the Integral Yoga style by taking at least three of our online classes, or by practicing with these audio classes.
Applicants need not be adepts of Hatha Yoga. Applicants should, however, have at least six months’ experience with practicing Hatha Yoga and have taken at least three Integral Yoga Level I classes. The course is demanding. Much material is covered, requiring serious application, home study, and, most important, regular attendance.
Tuition includes the application deposit, admission interview, textbooks, and free Yoga classes for the duration of the training. The free class benefit may begin up to 30 days before the start of the training if the applicant has completed the admission interview and is accepted to the program. After the training begins, there are no refunds.
- Total tuition is $2750 for applications received by Monday, August 31, 2020.
For applications submitted after August 31, tuition is $2975.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required when submitting your application.
- A payment plan is available with a $100 administration fee to enroll.
- 4 equal installments due on Sept. 11, Oct. 5, Nov. 2, Nov. 30.
How to Apply
An application form and $250 non-refundable deposit are required to enroll in the training. Upon receipt of both the application and deposit, the instructors will contact you to schedule an acceptance interview.
- Complete the application form and email to TeacherTraining@iyiny.org
- Submit your deposit or pay in full to reserve your space in the training.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, September 10, 2020
- We encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Space within the training is limited to ensure personal attention for each student and to deliver the same high quality of instruction as our in-person trainings. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Schedule – Online Live
September 14 – December 19, 2020
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30a.m. to 1:30p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Saturdays (Sept. 26, Oct. 24, Nov. 21) from 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Graduation: Saturday, December 19
To be considered for acceptance, students must have at least six months of Yoga practice, and have taken at least three Level I classes with Integral Yoga. Our current online classes may count toward fulfilling these prerequisites. An admission interview with the primary trainers is required for acceptance.
Please be aware that you must have regular access to the Internet to participate in this online training. You must be able to run Zoom on your computer, and also have an active e-mail account for delivery of course materials.
Yoga Alliance Hours