Bringing Yoga Therapy into Hospitals and Academia – Online
February 11 – 15, 2021
Taught by M. Mala Cunningham
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers and health professionals.
Are you a Yoga teacher or Yoga therapist seeking to bring Yoga into an academic or hospital environment? Join Dr. Mala Cunningham to learn planning strategies, marketing tactics, negotiation techniques, interviewing skills, and important formulas to successfully implement your ideas into a hospital environment or academic setting. Develop the confidence and skills to successfully “approach, enter, and succeed”.
- Format a comprehensive Yoga Therapy Business Plan
- Develop networking opportunities
- Write an effective and professional proposal
- Hone your interviewing skills and sell your idea
- Negotiate a salary
- Increase referrals from medical providers
This training is open to:
- Anyone interested in teaching Medical or Therapeutic Yoga in an academic or hospital setting
This online workshop consists of two parts:
- Part One is a self-paced, 23-hour online study course that has a separate tuition fee of $196 and can be accessed here
- Part Two consists of this live online program taught via Zoom
You must complete Part One before taking Part Two. If you need additional information on the self-paced part of the training please contact Dr. Mala Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $196 – $225 sliding scale: pay what you can afford
February 11 – 15, 2021
Thursday and Friday • 6:00p.m.–8:00p.m. EST
Saturday, Sunday, Monday • 11:00a.m.–1:00p.m. and 4:00p.m.–6:00p.m. EST
Attendance at all live online sessions is required for certification.
Certification and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Alliance: 40 hours for continuing education.
- 300-Hour Certification: 40 hours credit for Integral Yoga 300-Hour Certification
- IAYT: 40 hours for continuing education.
* This training is being hosted by the Integral Yoga Academy at Yogaville.
M. Mala Cunningham, PhD, C-IAYT, is a Counseling Psychologist and Certified Yoga Therapist in Charlottesville, VA. She is an Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia School of Nursing where she teaches courses in Foundations of Medical Yoga for Health Professionals. Dr. Cunningham is also the president of Positive Health Solutions and is the founder and director of Hospital Bed Yoga and the Cardiac Medical Yoga Teacher Training Program. She is also the co-director of Medical Yoga at the University of Virginia and is involved in several Yoga-based initiatives, including a research study exploring the impact of Medical Yoga on lupus patients. Learn more about M. Mala Cunningham, Ph.D., C-IAYT…