Basics of Ayurveda Training Online
June 3–15 & August 11, 2021
Taught by Durga Leela, E-RYT 500
Basics of Ayurveda online training provides a holistic model of Yoga therapy based upon Ayurveda, the medical aspect of the Yoga tradition.
Modern practitioners have tried to create therapies based on Yoga, but, until now, these therapies have not included Ayurveda or were restricted to asana (postures) only. Such models are limited, as they do not reflect the complete Yoga tradition or the Ayurvedic components of Yoga philosophy and psychology.
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister sciences for healing and transformation throughout all levels of our being: Ayurveda focuses on the treatment (chikitsa) of the body and mind, while the goal of Yoga is self-development and realization.
Ayurveda is recognized as one of the most important systems of mind-body medicine, and its popularity is spreading in the west. This foundational online course will introduce you to Ayurvedic concepts and language. The course is open to everyone interested in studying Ayurveda, and may be of special interest for Yoga teachers, therapists, and health professionals.
The curriculum includes:
- Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Fundamental Ayurvedic qualities of the universe: three gunas, five elements, three doshas, twenty qualities, five sub-doshas, and three subtle doshas: prana, tejas, and ojas
- Digestion (agni) and elimination (mala)
- Constitutional examination and mental nature
The weekend workshop, Intro to Ayurveda Online on June 3–6, 2021, is part of this course. If circumstances prevent you from taking the entire course, you have the option to register for the weekend workshop.
- Open to all students. There is no required medical background for those wishing to take the course. Background experience in Yoga is recommended, such as gained by graduates of our teacher training programs or other previous Yoga training.
June 3 – 15 & August 11, 2021
Weekdays – Mondays through Fridays (except Wednesday 6/9) • 6:00–9:00p.m. E.D.T.
Weekends – Saturdays and Sundays • 11:30a.m.–2:30p.m. and 4:00–7:00p.m. E.D.T.
Wednesday, August 11 • 7:00–9:00p.m. E.D.T.
Attendance during live sessions is required for certification.
Certification and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Alliance: 50 hours for continuing education.
- 300-Hour Certification: 50 hours credit for Integral Yoga 300-Hour Certification
- Yoga Therapy: this course is a required module in the Integral Yoga Therapy Certification program. For more information and to apply, visit https://integralyoga.org/therapy
* This training is being hosted by the Integral Yoga Academy at Yogaville.
Durga Leela, E-RYT 500, is a practical, down-to-earth, and to-the-point speaker who has worked on her own path of recovery. Trained in Ayurveda in both the U.S. and India, she is the director of the Ayurveda Programs at the Sivananda Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, CA, and a professional member and conference speaker for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Durga has been interviewed for all Recovery 2.0 online conferences. See more at www.yogaofrecovery.com.