January 26 – May 15, 2021
Taught by Swami Karunananda and Swami Priyaananda
Enrich your teaching and personal practice with Raja Yoga, the science of meditation based on self-mastery. Raja Yoga presents the philosophy and psychology of Yoga in a systematic way, guiding one to greater peace and balance in life and spiritual realization.
The entire world is yearning for peace. The one enduring solution is to experience peace in our own hearts and then express it in our lives. Raja Yoga provides a comprehensive approach to attain that goal that addresses all aspects of life: physical, mental, social and spiritual. It is a pathway to freedom from all sorrow, suffering, and delusion. It is a means to actualize your inner potential for greater health, happiness, and fulfillment in life.
Raja Yoga Teacher Training – Online provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in these subtle and profound teachings and learn how to skillfully share them with others.
The curriculum includes:
- An in-depth exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Instructions on how to incorporate the teachings into daily life
- Opportunities to deepen your Hatha Yoga, pranayama, and meditation practice
- Training in answering questions and leading discussions
- Syllabus for teaching a seven-week Raja Yoga course
This training is open to:
- Yoga teachers
- Health care professionals
- Daily meditation practice for at least six months
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification that included an introduction to Raja Yoga
- $1750 (save $100 when you pay in full by December 28, 2020)
January 26 – March 6 and April 6 – May 15, 2020
Tuesdays and Thursdays • 6:00–9:00p.m. E.T.
Saturdays • 11:00a.m.–1:00p.m. and 3:00–6:00p.m. E.T.
Attendance at all live sessions is required.
Certification and Continuing Education Credits
- Yoga Alliance: 165 hours for continuing education.
- 300-Hour Certification: 165 hours credit for Integral Yoga 300-Hour Certification
- Yoga Therapy: this course is a required module in the Integral Yoga Therapy Certification program. For more information and to apply, visit https://integralyoga.org/therapy
* This training is being hosted by the Integral Yoga Academy at Yogaville.
Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500, is a senior disciple of Sri Swami Satchidananda. In 1975, she was ordained as a monk into the Holy Order of Sannyas. She has been teaching all aspects of Yoga since 1971, and specializes now in workshops, retreats, and teacher training programs that focus on the science of meditation, the philosophy of Yoga, personal transformation, and Yoga breathing techniques for better health and wellbeing. In 1989, she developed and subsequently taught, the Integral Yoga® Teacher Training programs in Raja Yoga and Meditation.Swami Karunananda served as president of Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville in Virginia and in California, as well as director of the Integral Yoga Institutes in San Francisco and in Santa Barbara. She currently serves on the Board of Trustees, and as the chairperson of the Spiritual Life Board at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville, VA.
Interested in fostering interfaith understanding and harmony, she is featured in the interfaith documentary entitled, With One Voice. She also compiled and edited the Lotus Prayer Book, a collection of prayers from various faith traditions, and Enlightening Tales as told by Sri Swami Satchidananda. She served as contributing editor for The Breath of Life: Integral Yoga Pranayama, as well as a senior writer for the Integral Yoga Magazine. A publication of hers, Awakening: Aspiration to Realization Through Integral Yoga, describes the spiritual path and provides guidance for the journey.
Swami Priyaananda, E-RYT 500, is a senior disciple of Swami Satchidananda with thirty years of experience in the practice of Integral Yoga. She served in the Integral Yoga Health Services division and the Distribution Department at Satchidananda Ashram in Connecticut, as well as Executive Secretary and Coordinator of the Living Yoga Training program at the Ashram in Virginia. Currently, she is Vice President of the Office of Spiritual Development and Manager of Satchidananda Archives.