Integral Yoga 200-Hour Summer Intensive Teacher Training
June 25–July 27, 2018
Taught by Kali Morse and Rashmi Galliano with a special guest workshop taught by Swami Asokananda. Anatomy and physiology curriculum taught by Jason Ray Brown.
This respected program has been developed and refined over 40-plus years. Its purpose goes beyond making a person a Yoga teacher; it provides an excellent foundation for an extensive knowledge of Yoga. Complete instruction in how to teach Integral Yoga® Level I is its basis. This includes:
- Hatha Yoga postures
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Meditation and deep relaxation
Considerable attention is given to many other aspects of Yoga so that all graduates have both a practical and a philosophical understanding of the full scope of its teachings and practices. Among the subjects are:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yogic diet and nutrition
- Raja Yoga (psychology of mind)
- Karma Yoga (selfless service)
- Bhakti Yoga (devotion)
- Jnana Yoga (self-analysis)
- Sanskrit language
Participants also learn how to organize and initiate classes for professional groups and organizations. Finally, teacher trainees will refine and deepen their personal practices of asanas, pranayama, and meditation.
The Integral Yoga® system of Hatha Yoga is utilized, along with other lifestyle changes, by Dr. Dean Ornish in his book Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease.
The training includes a 3-day retreat at beautiful Menla Mountain Retreat in Phoenicia, N.Y., where you will be immersed in nature, yoga, meditation, and superb vegetarian meals and many amenities as you experience the traditions of ashram life that have been at the heart of Integral Yoga for many decades.
Certification and Yoga Alliance Affiliation
Graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Level I classes either at the Institute or elsewhere. Certification is not automatic, however: all trainees must qualify through a series of thorough tests. Graduates receive well beyond the basic 200 hours needed for being a registered Yoga teacher of the Yoga Alliance.
Applicants need not be adepts of Hatha Yoga. Applicants should, however, have at least six months’ experience with practicing Hatha Yoga and experience with the Integral Yoga Level I class. The course is demanding. Much material is covered, requiring serious application, home study, and, most important, regular attendance.
Tuition is $3,750 and includes the Integral Yoga Basic Teacher’s Manual, all textbooks, and the weekend retreat including round trip transportation. A deposit of $250 is required along with the application form; the balance is due on the first day of classes. A two-installment payment plan is available for a onetime fee of $50. After the training begins, there are no refunds.
- Save $300 when you register by Friday, June 1, 2018.
- Upon acceptance into the program, participants may take all yoga classes at Integral Yoga Institute free of charge for the duration of the training program and for 30 days before the program start date .
- Teacher trainees will also receive a 10 percent discount on purchases at the Integral Yoga Shop, Integral Yoga Natural Foods and Integral Yoga Natural Apothecary, and for treatments at Integral Yoga Wellness Spa for the duration of the training program.
How to Apply
To apply for admission, please fill out the application form, include a brief personal essay, and send it along with a deposit of $250 payable to the Integral Yoga Institute. You will be contacted by phone for an acceptance interview with the primary trainer.
- Download Application
- Application Deadline: June 18, 2018
- We encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Monday–Friday, June 25–July 27*
9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. each day
*No Class Wednesday, July 4
Summer trainees must take their qualifying exams by the end of August. Out of town visitors should plan to stay in New York for at least one additional week beyond the end of the formal training.
TBA at Menla Mountain Retreat Center
Six months’ Yoga practice and interview with primary trainer before acceptance
Yoga Alliance Hours