Renata Sumar GaertnerC-IAYT, E-RYT 500, RCYT
Renata Sumar Gaertner, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, RCYT, has been practicing and teaching Yoga to children and adults for over 25 years. She is the daughter of Sonia Sumar, who developed the Yoga for the Special Child Method®. From an early age, Renata saw the impact Yoga had on her sister, Roberta, who had Down Syndrome. At the age of 12, Renata completed her first Hatha Yoga Training Program through Brazil’s Federal University at Minas Gerais (UFMG) and began teaching Yoga at the age of 15. She continued her studies at UFMG and received a diploma in speech therapy where she completed her thesis “Yoga as a Method of Global Stimulation for Children with Down Syndrome”. After having the opportunity to meet Swami Satchidananda, she decided to spend several months living at the Integral Yoga Ashram in Virginia to further her studies in Yoga under his guidance. Renata is currently the Director of the Integral Yoga Center in Belo Horizonte, Brazil and is Co-Director and Teacher Trainer of the Yoga for the Special Child® Method. She is a member of the Integral Yoga Teachers Association, International Association of Yoga Therapists, and Yoga Alliance, where she is a registered experienced Yoga teacher, E-RYT 500, E-RCYT, and Certified Yoga Therapist.
- Friday - Sunday, August 19 - 21 2022
- $580 ($500 early bird tuition if you register and pay in full by June 19) including a non-refundable deposit of $200 to reserve your space.
Yoga for the Special Child CPD: Teaching Asanas, Adjustments & Sequences
Friday • 6:00−9:00p.m.
Saturday & Sunday • 8:00a.m.−1:00p.m. & 2:00p.m.−4:30p.m.
Renata Sumar Gaertner teaches this 2 or 3 day course to help you to go deeper in your practice and also help your students to understand how to perform yoga poses safely and progress in their practice.
A Continuing Education program developed by Renata Sumar Gaertner to help you improve your understanding on how to safely adjust yourself and your student(s) in a yoga pose and how to build sequences to help you to connect deeper within.
The program includes:
- Morning Meditation and Hatha Yoga Class.
- How to add variations to Surya Namaskar without losing its focus and flow.
- Anatomy of asanas – how to apply the knowledge when teaching yoga poses.
- Adjusting yourself in a yoga pose and cultivating inner awareness.
- Adjusting your students in a class.
- How to teach them the knowledge of learning from within.
- The practice of Pranayama to increase focus during your practice of asanas.
- Creating sequences for yoga class that will accommodate different levels of students.
This course is an approved for 18H of training towards the 300H RYT designation with Yoga Alliance.
Who should attend: This course is open to therapists, Yoga instructors and Yoga students with a year or more of Yoga practice/experience.
Please contact Jayadevi, Teacher Training Coordinator at
Phone: 212-929-0585 ext.1116