Active New York Integral Yoga Teachers: Free
Non-Active Teachers: $10
Learn what the “edge” is and how it’s used to guide hatha yoga practice.
From Sw. Asokananda:
“Erich Schiffmann brought the concept of “playing the edge” to the yoga world. In my studies with Erich, and then the exploration with my own body, I have made this an important aspect of my hatha yoga practice. It directly links to how Swami Satchidananda guided the Integral Yoga way of hatha yoga.
In this workshop we will:
- Get a clear understanding of what the edge is, as well as how it feels in the body
- How the edge helps us to transform the physical postures into yoga
- The distinction between intensity and pain
- What is the psychological edge vs. the physical edge?
- How to balance the desire to progress in our practice while avoiding the desire to be somewhere else than where we are.”
There will be some hatha yoga practice during the program.
Continuing Education Credit: Yoga Alliance (YA), 1 contact hour. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
This is an online program. You’ll need to download Zoom to attend. Please see your purchase confirmation for the Zoom link.