Sampada “Sam” DesaiMA, LPC, E-RYT 500, CLYL/TT
Sampada “Sam” Desai, MA, LPC, E-RYT 500, CLYL/TT, is a gifted psychotherapist, engaging speaker, exemplary certified laughter leader/trainer, and founder of Desai Counseling and Yoga. An excellent laughter ambassador, she spreads joy by teaching ways to embrace and cultivate unconditional laughter. For over 10 years she has led laughter sessions or trainings for numerous therapy clients, businesses, students, and psychotherapists. She is the proud developer of the 2-day comprehensive, fun-filled Choose Laughter (CL)© leader certification training program.
For two fun-packed days, embrace your playful inner-child while learning vital skills to lead Choose Laughter (CL)© workshops and programs. CL© is based on the premise that we can reconnect to our happiness through prolonged, intentional laughter, regardless of stress or humor. Build your laughter reserves through memorable mindful activities like laughter games, joyful movement, singing, positive imagery, laughter meditation, and deep relaxation.
● what, why (benefits), and who of laughter
● laughter ethics
● skills to lead laughter programs
● marketing strategies
● A step-by-step electronic manual
● CL© leader certification (attendance at all Zoom sessions, with camera on, required for certification)
● free access to workshop recording for three months after program
Who should attend?
● Anyone who wants to live joyously and spread laughter
● Mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors), Alcohol and drug addiction counselors, Health-care providers
● School personnel: teachers, administrators, staff
● Yoga teachers, Body-work therapists
● Emergency workers: police, firefighters
● Pastoral counselors/Clergy
● Families: Parents, children, couples
● None except a receptive heart
What to Bring?
● Notepad and pen
● Wear comfortable clothing
● This program can cause outbursts of laughter
This is an online program.
Thank you so much for the wonderful training! It changed my life! It gave me so many different inspirations about running laughter programs. Sam is wonderful, warm, funny, and brilliant! —Peter Smith
[This was] absolutely one of the best programs and teachers I have ever enjoyed taking. [The program] truly helped me resolve some life issues and had me laughing and dancing—both rare in my life. Sampada is wonderful!!! —John W. Ward, Jr.
Sam’s enthusiasm and flair raised the level of participation. Her charisma is contagious. —Rick Baker
Sam’s workshops are filled with wisdom, compassion, humor, and connectedness! I left the weekend with a warm glow, invaluable information, and many practical ideas to run laughter workshops. I can’t wait to start leading laughter groups. — Karen Edwards